Rules of the Contest
- Each contest must have a minimum of ten (10) contestants in order to declare a valid contest. If entries are less than (10) that category will be declared "NO CONTEST" and prizes are reverted to the foundation.
- Photo must be taken from the actual events during the SINULOG 2017 celebration in Cebu City. Pictures of any Sinulog celebration or any other festival in other places and venues and in previous years will not be allowed and would be immediately disqualified.
- All entries must be submitted on or before January 23, 2017, with its duly accomplished forms. Photographers taken in digital form must be accompanied with the propriety Raw format (e.g. NEF,CRW, etc.) digital file in CD format. Film negative, APS magnetic files must be surrendered to the Sinulog Foundation, Inc. office at the Cebu City Sports Center. Non attachment of these requirements would mean immediate disqualification.
- Any digital manipulation tool (e.g cut & paste, healing, etc.) that is not applicable/ do able in the printing process from an analog media (film), shall mean immediate disqualification of the entry. Post production like exposure control (dodge and burn); color saturation (control); creative cropping are all do able when you print from a negative. Even conversion to black and white color toning (sepia, blue, selenium, etc) as long as it's done across the frame and not only in selected areas is acceptable.
- All finalists and winning entries shall become the exclusive property of Sinulog Foundation, Inc. and cannot be reproduced nor printed for and other publication without the permission of the Foundation. The photographer may not use the photographs or variants of that same composition in any other purpose except for his personal portfolio. Corresponding compensation shall also be accorded the owner of the photo of winning entries.
- The royalty of the photographer shall not apply every time Sinulog Foundation, Inc. should use the photos in the promotion and management of the Sinulog Festival. Other than that, Terms and Conditions of Intellectual Property Rights Law shall apply. Photographers will be given photo credits every time applicable.
- Judging of entries is scheduled on January 26, 2017. Winners will be published in local dailies in due time with the date and venue of awarding of trophies and prizes. Awarding of prizes will be on February 4, 2017.
- The decision of the Board of Judges is final and unappealable.