- The SINULOG PHOTO CONTEST 2017 is open to all amateur and professional photographers who will register with the Sinulog Foundation during the prescribed registration period between December 1, 2016 - January 13, 2017.
- This year, there are two available options for registration:
A. Online Registration at www.sinulogph.com/contest
B. On-site Registration at the Sinulog Foundation, Inc. office from 9:00 A.M - 5:00 P.M Monday to Friday from Dec. 1, 2016 - Jan. 13, 2017.
- Accomplish Registration and Payments.
- Upload a photo of the participant (if you are registering for someone else, a photo of the participant is a REQUIREMENT and is NON-WAIVABLE. Sinulog Foundation will strictly impose a NO PHOTO, NO ID POLICY to ensure there are no duplication of IDs and to ensure that each photographer is properly identified. A photographer caught wearing someone else's photo contest ID will be immediately disqualified.
- Upon completion of the online registration, you will receive an email notification of successful completion.
- Present this email notification at the Sports Center to claim the official Sinulog Photo Contest ID at a scheduled time. (5 days after payments are made)
- Fill up the Registration Form and submit a 2x2 ID of the photographer.
- IDs are a requirement for all participants. If you are registering for someone else, a photo of the participant is a REQUIREMENT and is NON-WAIVABLE. Sinulog Foundation will strictly impose a NO PHOTO, NO ID POLICY to ensure there are no duplication of IDs and to ensure that each photographer is properly identified. A photographer caught wearing someone else's photo contest ID will be immediately disqualified.
- Upon completion of the registration form, payment must be settled so an official receipt will be issued. The official receipt will be used to claim the official Sinulog Photo Contest ID at a scheduled time. (5 days after payments are made)
- Deadline of registration will be on January 13, 2017 at 5:00P.M.
- Last day to claim official IDs is on January 14, 2017 at 5:00 PM
- Participants who register and pay between December 1, 2016 to January 3, 2017 will enjoy a discounted registration fee of One Thousand Five Hundred Pesos (P1,500.00). Regular Registration Fee is One Thousand Eight Hundred Pesos (P 1,800.00) from January 4-13, 2017.
- Registration fee covers a competition ID allowing limited access to prescribed photographer’s areas only on parade route and at Sports Center plus ten (10) entries of (5R) photographs. An additional thirty five pesos (P 35.00 ) will be charged for every additional photos submitted. A maximum of forty (40) extra entries is allowed per contestant. Each participant will be issued an ID number that will be used in identifying the Photographers upon submission of the entries. In case of disqualification, registration fees and entry fees are not refundable.
- This year, there are two Modes of Picture Take being considered:
- Film Category - Any analog camera film size/ format can be used, as long as the final entry must be a printed 5R.
- Digital Category - Digitals Cameras that are capable of taking Raw Format Files, APS format cameras are eligible.
- Photo Contest Categories - all activities involving SINULOG 2017.
- Contingent - competing of guest participants of Sinulog 2017 Grand Parade on January 15, 2017. Picture must be group dancing the SINULOG and not of a solo dancer.
- Fluvial and Solemn Procession - January 14, 2017 the miraculous image is seaborne along the coasts of Mandaue and Lapu-Lapu cities while the Solemn Procession passes thru the principal streets of Cebu City.
- Float/ Higante and Puppeteers - January 15, 2017 of Float, Higante and Puppeteers must include the whole structure and not the personalities on board the float. Float, Puppeteers and Higante shots should include the carrier inside the contraption.
- Décor/ Arc and Sidelights - These pictures may be taken anytime (day or night) of arches and décor set up for Sinulog 2017. Sidelights are human interest pictures taken in the parade route on the SINULOG 2017 week.
- Festival Queen - Photos to be taken while the subject is dancing the Sinulog during SINULOG 2017 Festival Queen on January 13, 2017 or during the grand parade on January 15, 2017.
- Deadline for submission of Photo entries will be on Friday, January 23, 2017 at 5:00 P.M.
- Final photo entries of 5R prints shall be submitted un-mounted and must be accompanied in a separate envelope with the ff:
- If taken in digital format, the corresponding Raw File (e.g. NEF, CRW, etc.) in CD format with the name of the photographer and the ID number on the CD and covering on the envelope.
- If APS, the whole magnetic strip must be surrendered with the photographers name and ID number on the film case and on the envelope.
- If Analog, the corresponding negative/transparency in an envelope with the photographers name and ID number.
- Entries must be candid shots and not deliberately posed or staged. Although some degree of effort can be done in posing your subjects (the dancers, candle vendors, etc.) we however discourage photographers from bringing their own models around for the parade like one would do on a photo assignment.
- Identifying marks, signs and address to insinuate in formation of ownership is strictly prohibited on the photo entry.
- Judging of the Photo Contest will be on January 26, 2017.
- Decision of the designated Board of Judges shall be final and unappealable.
- Awarding of Prizes to Winner will be on February 4, 2017.